Find a home
- Homes for rent
- Buy a home
- Homes in development
- Swap your home
- Paying rent
- Report it
- Find out
- Self service website
- Get involved
Advice and support
- Care and support
- Money advice
- Supported living
- Employment support
- Homelessness prevention
- About us
- Contact us
Home repair responsibilities
We provide a quality repairs and maintenance service for our customers. However, there are some repairs which are your responsibility.
You can download a summary leaflet about repairs to your home.pdf
As a basic guide we’re responsible for repairs to the structure and exterior of your home and its outbuildings.
This includes things like:
- foundations, roofs, walls and external finishings
- outside doors, window frames, drains, gutters, external pipes, fencing, lighting, doors and stairways
- gas and electric services from your meter and water services to, and inside, your home
- baths, basins, sinks, toilets and communal areas within our properties.
You can get a list of landlord repair responsibilities on your home.pdf
We expect you to keep your home in a safe and clean condition and to make sure that gardens are kept neat and tidy.
You’re responsible for fixing any damage that has not been caused by fair wear and tear. Examples of repairs that tenants are responsible for include:
- renewing carpets and other flooring
- repairing blinds, curtains and rails
- fixing door bells
- repairing minor cracks in plaster
- bath plug and chain
- fixing damage caused by a visitor or a member of your household.
You should also make sure that you avoid the damaging effects of mould, damp and condensation in your home.
You can get a list of tenant repair responsibilities on your home.pdf
You can find out more about maintaining your home.